Thursday, July 9, 2009

I got my braces on July 1 just in time for my birthday on the 6th. That was my present. (just kidding). The first couple of days were hard. I thought if the braces hurt this bad how could I get through surgery. I must be a baby. I feel much better now and they don't hurt. I wish I would have gone to the dentist to get a cleaning beforehand. I did buy a Waterpick which has become my best friend. The OS and ortho said I would have surgery on both the upper and lower jaw in about 9-12 months. I think they will move my upper jaw up about 3mm and I'm not sure how far forward they will move my lower. I thought I heard my OS say 11mm, but my ortho said he thought it was 6mm. I will go back in on July 15 for my first torture, I mean tightening. Well, off to the pool with the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Hi June! Happy belated birthday. :)
    I had my lower jaw moved about 6.2 mm two months ago. I would recommend that over the next 9-12 months you prepare mentally for the surgery, do as much research as you can and read as many blogs as you can. For me, it helped so much knowing that what I was going through was normal and having other blogging buddies who were going through the same thing at the same time I was. It's a long process, but I think for most of us who are on here and have gone through it, it's been worth it. :) Good luck and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the advise. I have been trying to prepare mentally. Sometimes I am so ready to do it and other times I think I shouldn't have surgery. It is a scary thing. I think you are right. It helps to connect to others. How are you are you happy you did it?

    ReplyDelete