Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last 4 bands on

I went to the ortho on Tuesday to get my last 4 bands on. My teeth were so crowded it took about 2 months to get my teeth separated enough to put the bands on. Anyway, I now have 8 bands on total. That night while I was eating I noticed my tongue really hurt and I looked in the mirror and my tongue was bleeding. I wasn't able to get in to see the ortho until the next day and until then it hurt to talk and especially to eat. They ground down the band and again I was on my way. However, the same thing happened that night. The band was sharp and was cutting my tongue. I had to make a second trip in to have them grind it down some more. I think this time it worked. My tongue is still so sore it burns when I eat. I should be tough and not complain. Heck, I shouldn't even have gone into the ortho to fix it. This is nothing compared to going under the saw.

On a positive note, my kids went with me to the ortho today and they both sat and waited for me so patiently. They made me proud. My ortho has a contest every month and the winner gets a prize like tickets to the zoo, etc. This month's quiz was a spider's web made out of string and you have to guess how long the string is. My youngest son guessed for me. I don't think he was close, but I probably shouldn't be competing against little kids in braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment