Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Plate and Screw Removal Tomorrow


Hi all. I had my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday and he wants to take the plate and screws out. Actually, so do I. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 11:15. It will be done at his surgical suite in his office. He kinda freaked me out when he said that an anaesthesiologist will be there. I thought he was going to just put me to sleep with an IV, but I guess he changed his mind. I know it will be nothing like my last surgery so I guess I'm not really scared, just a little . He said it would take about an hour. He didn't recommend me doing the other side because it wasn't bothering me. So, thanks guys for your input! You were all right. Once he's in there he should be able to tell what caused the infection. He also may have to shave the bone down slightly if I had some overgrowth. Sometimes that happens with an infection.

I asked the nurse how often this happens and I didn't get a very straight answer. She just said "not that often". Anyway, your prayers are always appreciated. Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. June- You have such a great attitude and will come out with this with flying colors!!

    How long will the recovery be with this?

    Thought and prayers to you tomorrow!!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June!
    Thanks for the update, I will be praying for you tomorrow for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
    Keep us posted!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, your attitude is so positive, you'll do great! Of course you are in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete