Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pre-Op Appointment on Tuesday

I can't believe my surgery is in 10 days. I have my pre-op appointment on Tuesday with my surgeon. I don't know what all they do, but the appointment is supposed to last 2 hours. I'm sure they'll do xrays. My ortho did the molds at the last appointment. I bought a Vitamix Blender which is supposed to blend just about anything to liquid. It looked pretty cool and I think I'll use it after recovery too. My mom is coming out to help me and the boys. She doesn't know what she's getting into with the kids..hehehe.

I'm just hoping and praying that in the end it'll all be worth it and that I won't have permanent numbness or pain. Did anyone notice a difference in their breathing? I just wonder if that will improve since my trachea is half the size it should be. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

  1. June, my mouth is much better, just hit a low point there. The funeral was today...horribly sad, but we're glad he's not suffering anymore.
    I hope everything goes great for you...it must be scary but exciting.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June, of course it will be worth it! Just stay positive and remember that surgery and recovery is really only a tiny amount of time compared with your whole life. Soon it will all be a distant memory (how nice does that sound!)

    ReplyDelete