Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Metal in My Mouth



Just when I thought they couldn't possibly put more metal in my mouth they found a way. Yes, I got my surgical hooks on today. I didn't count how many there were, but I guess it was about 12-16 hooks. While they were doing it I had wires sticking way out of my mouth. I felt just like Jim Carrey when he said, "do I have something in my teeth". I asked them if it was just 6 weeks with the hooks on and she just looked at me funny and said, "weelllll, maybe a little longer". Oh, joy. They are trying out some smaller hooks and I'm the guinea pig. Here are some pictures.
Gross, I think I have something in my teeth. I should have brushed my teeth before taking the pictures. So sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pictures! I get my hooks put on May 13th. Surgery date June 1st. I look forward to following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmy. Those hooks are a pain. I've gotten used to the poking and rubbing of the hooks, but now I get stuff stuck in my teeth even worse than before. You can tell by my pictures..haha Thanks for posting. It's been so helpful to meet others going through the same thing. I'll watch your progress too. June

    ReplyDelete