Thursday, August 26, 2010

Appointment with OS about Infection


Hi all. I've been very busy lately because of a new midlife crisis purchase. Instead of a really nice Audi R8 I decided to get a Whoodle. What's a Whoodle you ask? Don't worry, I had never heard of it before either. You know how they come up with all these weird sounding dog breeds. A Whoodle is a mix between a Wheaten Terrier and a Poodle. She looks like a Labradoodle. She's super cute, friendly and soft. She's taking up a lot of my time lately. Her name is Sophie.

Ok, on to ortho stuff. Thank you guys for asking about how my appointment went. I really appreciate it. Anyway, I saw the surgeon on Wednesday and he took a look at my teeth and said we "hit a home run". I'm not sure, but I think he's complimenting himself. My lips are getting closer together too as the swelling goes down. He told me that women should have between 2 and 4mm lip incompetence. I guess that's ok then.

As for the infection, he thinks it will probably come back and if it does he would take the screws out. He said that once bacteria get in there it's hard for your body to fight it off and you just have to remove the screws and plates. He would do it in his surgical suite in his office. He would just put me to sleep with an IV and cut along the same original surgical incision. The last screw is hard to get out without putting a little hole in my cheek. Well, that doesn't sound too bad. He was going to wait and see if the infection does indeed come back. I forgot to ask how long that might take. That's all for now. Off to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Hey June,
    Cute dog! I have a little dog and she keeps me busy too but I love her. I am glad you are doing better. I had a bad infection with a TAD in my palate but when the OS took it out, I got better. Infections are no fun and can be serious. Take care of yourself! Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June, Love the dog. I have a 9 year old golden, and he's my best friend. Good idea getting one that doesn't shed or cause allergies. Only drawback of goldens. well, the infection sounds like it's under control, and the dr. knows he'll take out the screw. Sounds like everything else is great, which is the way you look!Your dr. did hit a home run.
    take care, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dog. We have a Maltichon (Maltese/Bichon) and we looovvvveee her. My OS also said I should have approx. 3 mm of "show" on my upper lip so I will probably still have gums showing as I have small teeth. I'll be praying that infection stays gone. Enjoy that lil' doggy of yours!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I love the dog. She has been a lot of company for me and I love being able to spray dog perfume on her. haha I only have boys so I couldn't do that kind of stuff with them. Rita, so how was it getting the screws out? Was it painful? Did you have to not eat for a few days? Louise I saw your post from before and I know it seems like a long time, but it will go by fast and then you will be so happy you did it. Elishia, I bet your dog is a cutie. I guess if you look in all the magazines the models all have their teeth showing in pictures. They don't just have closed lips. I guess that's the look. I never thought about it much before now. June

    ReplyDelete