Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Am Strong

So today I went to the OS office to get the official measurements. I was excited to learn that although I will have a 3 piece Lefort I do not have to have an external splint. My OS uses an internal splint that dissolves by itself after about 6 weeks. Cool. I really like my OS.

After that I went to the hospital for blood work and paperwork. It took all morning to get this done and by then I was pretty hungry. Anyway, I was sitting down getting my blood drawn thinking...I am woman, I am strong.... I am going to pass out. So being the smart person I am I tell the nurse that and the next thing I know I'm dreaming. Then I wake up and look at her and think "who is that". Then it hits me. I'm in the hospital getting my blood drawn. She then tells me I passed out and had a seizure. It only lasted 10-15 seconds and she stayed with me until I came to. How in the world can I have jaw surgery if I can't even get my blood drawn. I've never had that happen before. I was pretty freaked out to loose control like that. The nurse told my OS and I don't think that will stop my surgery, but we'll see.

I think it happened because I was stressed out, hungry and tired. At least I hope that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, today is your surgery date. I've been praying and will continue to do so. I hope all goes well. Scary about the passing out and seizure. I hope I don't do that! Much love!
    Elishia

    ReplyDelete