Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 5


Actually, I'm not sure if I'm day 5 or 4. Are you supposed to count the day of surgery as day 1? With surgery day as day 1, I'm on day 5. I'm still taking Vicoden so I may be pretty confused. lol

Thank you guys so much for all the encouraging comments. I really do appreciate them. It's helped me a lot to hear from others who have gone through this. It can be discouraging to wake up in the morning hoping you feel much better, but find out you feel exactly the same as yesterday. I cried a little this morning when I realized that. That didn't help all it did was plug-up my nose. I look like I have a permanent smile, because my face is so swollen. I'm still just "eating" chicken broth, Gatorade, Ginger Ale and Smoothies.

I know I'm feeling a little better because I'm trying to tell the kids what to do and not do. The first few days I could care less what they did. They could have gotten away with anything. Here is a picture of all the lovely flowers my friends have sent me. They have been so wonderful to me.

One other thing I want to mention is I think my kids are kind of afraid of me. They have left me alone more than usual and sometimes I think it scares them to look at me. Did anyone else notice that? My kids are 9 and 11.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling a bit better, though I know it's still tough. Remember you're almost through the most difficult bit, so just take your recovery moment by moment and don't let the emotional rollercoaster worry you - it's totally natural after such a big surgery. Soon all this will be distant memory - doesn't that sound nice :)

    Oh, and i've been firmly instructed by my sister to stay away from my niece and nephew (2 and 5) in case I frighten them. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brothers were 16 and 17 when I had my surgery, and they avoided me for a few days after I came home from the hospital. I think they were alarmed by the swelling, because the 17 year old could barely look at me...

    Day 4/5 (I'm not sure either, but I counted the day of surgery) was the most difficult day for me too. That's when I cried- I was just so miserable. I promise, it does get better!

    <3 Stefane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already look great in that last picture!I can't believe how much you had done. I'm sure each day will get better. You're doing great!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny Discantus. I guess when your face is swollen and stuck in one position all the time it can be kinda scary. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried on day 4/5. I didn't cry much because it just made me more miserable. I thought I'm not going to have a pity party, so I got up and made myself a smoothie. That helped. Today was a better day. I had more feeling and less swelling. Thanks guys. June

    ReplyDelete