Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Hard Day

Well, today was rather hard. I was actually feeling better. My swelling was down and my energy was up a bit. So, it sounds good, right? Except for when you start feeling better you want to do things such as talk and eat. Two of my favorite things. Talking is kinda difficult now. I'm hard to understand and my lips are so swollen and very sore it's hard to talk. Ok, on to eating. I made the mistake of telling my husband to stop by Chick-Fil-A for a chocolate shake. Any other time I would love a shake, but not when that's the only thing I can eat. So, I get the shake and my husband orders chicken nuggets and fries. Boy did they smell good. And to make matters worse, my lips are so swollen I can't even use a straw. I had to wait to get home until I could use the stupid tube. He ate his whole meal in front of me. It was so frustrating.

Then we got home and my mom had fixed chicken tenders. I had to endure dinner yet one more time. This was the first time I joined them at the table. Usually I just leave the room when they eat. I stayed because I had mashed potatoes. But I couldn't eat them though because the OS had just put new rubber bands on and we were afraid if we took them off we couldn't get them back on. Silly, because I'm going to have to do that tomorrow.

The first post-op appointment at the OS went well. He said I looked really good and I was healing nicely. However, when I saw my x-rays and I saw all the metal it kinda freaked me out. Well, really the only one that really freaked me out was the screw up my my eyeball. Yes, it is up at the side of my nose by my eyeball. How in the world did he get it there? Never mind I don't want to know. All I could think is if I want it out how is he going to do that? Does anyone else have a screw way up there?

Well, that's my exciting day. I just notice I'm not at the point of being 100% sure I did the right thing. I guess that happens later when I can actually eat, talk and see what I look like.


2 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear that, hang in there :)

    You're brave checking out your xray, I averted my eyes when my OS pulled out my image and told him it made me feel queasy - the less I know about what he got up to in there the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I don't have any screws by my eyeballs but i do have a lot of metal in my face now! I wasn't as freaked out by it because I've looked at alot of other people's xrays but it still made me cringe a little.. like wow, what have I done. But the outcome is worth it to me. Day by day you see it more so just hang in there and focus on your health and recovery now =)

    ReplyDelete