Thursday, May 27, 2010

3 Weeks Today


This last week went by so quickly. I am still feeling great - lots of energy and no pain. I saw both my orthodontist and my Oral Surgeon this week. Everything looked good to them. However, when I left I got to thinking that it seems like my lips aren't closed at rest. I started worrying and obsessing over this. Why didn't I think about it when I was at one of their offices? Stupid. Anyway, I went back to look at the pictures from right after surgery and I did notice my lips closed closer together then. It figures that my OS is out of town for a month. (He goes to 3rd world countries to do surgery on people in need.) So, I called my ortho and he got me in today. He told me to stop wearing the band in front. He thinks it may be pulling down my front segment. I had a 3-piece Lefort done. I'll see what that does. Also it could be that I still have swelling and a lot of metal in my mouth. Is there anyone else that noticed something like this?

My ortho also took pictures of me yesterday and he showed me my before and after side-by-side. It was amazing. I look so much better now. I'll try to get my hands on them and post comparison pictures later.

Eating is still hard. I am able to eat mashed potatoes, pudding, and scrambled eggs. It just takes me about an hour to eat. By the time I'm finished it's time to start again. I'm half way there though! Yea! Even now I think I can safely say I'm still glad I did it. I just want my lips to close together.

My husband is jealous by all the gifts, cards, flowers and meals I got right after surgery. He said, "I got a colonoscopy and no one got me a gift". What can I say, I have some great friends.

Here's a picture of me and my OS. I love that man. I have tall heels on that's why we are the same height.

1 comment:

  1. June, what a great recovery you're making! Your progress is amazing! So happy for you.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete