Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh I forgot to tell you this

I put the pictures in backwards. The first picture is today, day 4. The last 2 are from the hospital right after surgery.




Oh, I forgot to mention I got a genioplasty and a cranial bone graft which left 7 lovely big staples in my head. He did give me a choice between a cadavers or my own. I choose my own bone. I have rinsed it in the shower a couple of times, but I'm too afraid to use much shampoo. I'm afraid it will hurt. Anyway, here are some pictures and yes I look like was run over by a mac truck.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you had a lot done!!! You are one strong woman and should feel proud of yourself.

    Seeing your pics made me remember my own and I definitely looked run over by a truck too. I remember after getting home and seeing pictures thinking I can't believe I let people in the room to see me like that.

    Your profile pic actually looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I had my surgery in April 2009. I was so swollen. I used ice packs and slept sitting up. It seemed to help with the swelling.

    I need to read your entire blog but I just came across it. I will catch up. LOL.

    Just know that the swelling will pass soon. Looking back on my pictures, I think my swelling went down faster than I remember. Hang in there. You are going to love the results! I know I do.

    ReplyDelete