Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 9 - A Good Day




I can say I am way, way better than even a couple of days ago. I have hardly any bruising and my swelling is going down. My feeling is coming back slowly. I have more feeling and less swelling on my left side. My lips are still very painful. They are chapped, sensitive and swollen. No kissing going on with me. I can't even pucker. I can drink from a cup if I look in a mirror to see what I'm doing.

On the good side, my mom and I went out-and-about today. It was really so nice to get out. I did get kinda tired and we stopped to get a smoothie and that was all I needed to go a few more hours. I did see one person I knew who said her sister had jaw surgery about 15 years ago. It's surprising to me to hear so many people have this done. We brought dinner home from Olive Garden and I blended the Zuppa Toscana soup and Shrimp Caprese for dinner and it was really good. That was probably the most I have eaten since the surgery.

I am replacing my bands every day which is so incredibly hard. They are so far back in my mouth and I'm so swollen still and my lips are sore it's hard to get them on. My husband, bless him, has helped me try to do it, but I think it's easier when I do it. Did you notice the name of the rubber bands? Bummer. That is appropriate.

I want to include lessons that I have learned as I go through this whole process. So here are my first lessons:
1. Mom's are a gift from God.
2. If there is something rough in your mouth your tongue can't leave it alone.

5 comments:

  1. glad to see you're feeling better. Hope everything keeps getting better.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. I am so glad to have the surgery behind me now. I am feeling pretty good right now. I've become a vegetarian. haha How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really good - your nose is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I just noticed that you're 46 years old.. you have got to be kidding. You look like you're not a day over 25 in your before and after photos... wow! What is your secret??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet, My Underbite. I was on cloud 9 all day because of your compliment. My secret?? Hmmm...is it the braces that make me look younger or my 2 young kids that keep me hopping or maybe it's my Clarisonic Skin Brush that I love?

    ReplyDelete